Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Second Street Jewelry

I've been making jewelry as a hobby for a few years now, and selling it for just over one. When I started my Etsy shop, I named it Something Pretty in honor of my Grandma Suttles, who was known for saying, "Just give me something pretty to look at." The jewelry in my shop didn't have much of a focus at first, just random beaded designs, and looking back, most of them weren't that great, but I was just beginning and learning. I quickly decided I needed a "look," and I wanted it to be familiar enough to attract a large audience, but unique enough to stand out. I found paper flowers in the scrapbooking aisle at Hobby Lobby, and began making necklaces with layered paper flowers. I got more interest and more sales, which I was really excited about. But I was always worried about the durability of paper, so I recently began seeing what I could do with artificial flowers. I'm still playing with that, learning what works and what doesn't. But my interest again began to wander to other types of designs, and now I'm playing with regular beaded jewelry again, and I'm finding that style I was missing a year ago. I love working with gemstones, the bright vibrant colors, natural textures, shiny polish, and huge variety of sizes and shapes. I like marrying natural materials with modern style for high-fashion women...because, you know, I'm so high-fashion. That's me...

Here are my latest designs that are currently for sale in the new Second Street Jewelry shop on Etsy. For more information or to buy, go to http://www.etsy.com/shop/lyndsaydayle. Follow my blog and heart my shop and you'll receive 15% off each purchase. Yes, each. For life.




















No comments:

Post a Comment